Sex problems are normal with men and women across the UK as they’re bound to experience an issue under the sheets at least once in their lifetime.
The most popular common issue for men is erectile dysfunction with thousands of men facing the penis problem.
For women, vaginal dryness is something they will suffer from at a stage in their life as hormones and lifestyle changes can play a huge part in the condition.
So what are the top sex issues in the UK’s biggest cities?
EveAdam uncovered the 20 most common difficulties encountered in bedrooms in the UK by looking at several Reddit threads and comparing it against Google search data.
The most popular was erectile dysfunction, known as impotence, which secures around 286,000 searches per month.
Disagreeing about contraception was also quite popular, garnering a whopping 87,000 searches.
And vaginal dryness for women was 45,200, while infertility is another common problem which gets about 44,900 searches.
Here are the 20 most common difficulties encountered in the bedroom:
- Erectile dysfunction – 286,000 searches per month
- Disagree about contraception – 87,000
- Vaginal dryness – 45,200
- Infertility – 44,900
- Premature ejaculation – 35,200
- Pressure to conceive – 11,700
- Performance anxiety – 10,000
- Low libido – 7,000
- Emotional connection – 2,790
- Body image issues – 2,380
- Can’t orgasm – 1,908
- Lack of sex – 1,860
- Weak pelvic floor – 1,390
- Depression and sex – 1,260
- Too tired for sex – 460
- No foreplay – 454
- Sex deprivation – 420
- Sex frequency – 400
- Back pain during sex – 180
- Mental arousal – 180
Erectile dysfunction topped the list after The BMJ reports that half of men in the UK (52%) could be affected by symptoms.
So what about the locations across the UK?
The study also includes 14 UK cities with 300,000 residents revealing their most-searched bedroom issue.
Here are the most searched problems in bed in each city:
- Birmingham – Premature Ejaculation
- Leeds – Lack of Sex
- Glasgow – No Foreplay
- Sheffield – Can’t Orgasm
- Bradford – Contraception
- Manchester – Pressure to Conceive
- Edinburgh – Body Image
- Liverpool – Performance Anxiety
- Bristol – Weak Pelvic Floor
- Cardiff – Erectile Dysfunction
- Belfast – Infertility
- Leicester – No Foreplay
- Coventry – Mental Arousal
- Nottingham – Contraception