Over the years, homebodies have gotten a really bad rep.
In every single Hollywood movie, the shy, introverted girl has the absolute worst luck in the relationship department; nine times out of ten, she has a pretty intense love affair with her couch before her friends convince her to get off of her ass and go after Prince Charming.
And it’s not even that simple.
She has to go through a whole makeover sequence with some early 2000’s song playing in the background and has to go through a couple of jerks before the sweet, sensitive guy notices her.
Sorry to burst your bubble but that right there is total crap.
Despite what those rom-coms say, being a homebody doesn’t automatically mean that you’re lazy, a loner, or undateable. There’s so much more to introverted Netflix-lovers than that.
Dating a homebody is the most exciting thing you’ll ever do. Trust us.
It may not seem like it on paper but there are major perks to falling in love with the woman who’s happy kicking it at home:
1. Sure, there are moments when we’ll want to be left alone.
But we know how important spending time together is, especially if said “time” involves Seamless and like, way too much Trader Joe’s wine. #buyinbulk
2. You cook? We’ll greet you at the door in lingerie.
That’s a promise.
3. You’ll never have to blow your load (ahem) at a totally boring, cliché restaurant.
Especially when you’re just paying big bucks for a terrible “Yelp” review and an overpriced Uber ride home. Seriously, $38 to drive a mile?!
4. Our idea of a great date means binge-watching New Girl and House of Cards for hours and hours.
It also means getting cozy under the covers. Nick is like the perfect example of the guy every girl wants, so take notes.
5. Undies is pretty much our standard uniform.
So it’s a win-win situation for everyone involved.
6. You can hang out with your bros all you want.
That just means more Netflix serial killer documentaries for us. See you back home in a few hours, babe.
7. Any time = sexy time.
Come on, this one should be a no-brainer.
8. We’re low-maintenance and ridiculously easy to please.
(Unless our Wifi goes out, then all bets are off, boo.)
Related Stories From YourTango:
9. You don’t have to hit up bar after bar to have a good time. Pass out in style at home, where the bedroom is approximately 20 steps from the couch.
Remember? We have Trader Joe’s wine at home.
10. Most importantly, we’re the most chill people you’ll ever meet.
See? We save you time and energy. And in today’s economy? That’s saying a lot.
More for You on YourTango:
Cassandra Rose writes about viral news, lifestyle, and relationship studies for Yourtango.